Saturday, May 14, 2011
Wednesday, May 4, 2011
For my final artifacts I went through all of my videos and decided to share new additions to my collection. In the end I found that balancing the two different types of text on one screen was much more difficult than I thought it would be. I found though that I learned a great deal about film editing and after effects.
My main objective was to create a way for analog and digital type exist in motion together. Since this project was structured around doing experiments, that's what I tended to create everyday for class. Through my process I wanted to show a variety of ways that the two can exist with each other. In some of the test I had the digital type acting like expected digital type (smooth, and seamless) and then having the digital type mimic the analog. Through this whole project I learned a lot about how to arrange type. Sometimes more successful than other's but still. One important quality I am taking away from this project is the importance of structure and really understanding how to anchor the type to fit in the composition comfortably. In the end I was very happy with the progress that I had made. I was working with a lot of new mediums and trying to create something new and interesting was a challenge, but a good one.
I believe that this idea of analog and digital type is something that I would like to continue with more. For the future, perhaps this summer, I would like to push this idea into new realms. Playing more with the analog type. Even taking the same concept and displaying it with analog and then digital, and comparing the two.