My Blog List

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Why Graphic Design?

My name is Janna Johnsrud, and I am currently a student at the Kansas City Art Institute. It was a long process to find my way into Graphic Design. Growing up I found myself to be average when it came to school. That is until my junior year of high school I took my first photography class, and marketing. Taking both of these classes made school more appealing to me. After lectures I would ask my teacher about advertising and how to mix both art and advertising into a carrer. She then gave me books to look at Graphic Design. Almost automatically I fell in love with the degree/ carrer. Over night I felt myself looking at the world in a different point of view. Looking at certain signs, websites, and logos, even my sister anatomy books I realized to myself how much of a growing impact this carrer has on everyday people. I felt that Graphic Design guides people in more ways than they realize, and that was what also made me realize that this was the degree for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment