My Blog List

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Type Rounds





















Change one thing- making text mix with image can be more challenging that one would predict. One thing that I tried to remember from Steven Frykhom is to shrink down your poster and see if it still is capturing to your eye. This was an interesting suggestion but valid because most likely if a poster is being used in its most functional way, people will be viewing it from a distance, and it is up to the designer to be able to capture them, by interesting typography, and an image that speaks to the viewer. I've been looking back into 18 and 19th century poster's. I really enjoy their choice of more relaxed colors and mix of text and typography. Since I am also referencing Mattise in my poster, it makes it all the more appropriate to look back through that time period.

No comments:

Post a Comment