My Blog List

Thursday, July 1, 2010

logos


With taking a picture of one of their trucks, I decided to make some sketches of different ways to do the new logo. I wanted to think back to when we started the icons, taking several pictures and roughly sketching out the object. The options they liked the most out of the sketches were the more detailed and representative of the Kenworth truck since that is the type of truck they usually use.


I liked this idea- however it looks like an oil spill, so probably not the best option. I want to go back in with the pen tool and add some rocks and try and make into red Scoria rock.

Here are some mocks of the choices they liked. The next step is to make different mocks of t-shirts, hats and how they will read. I also want to incorporate a red outline of the type arrangement and truck to pull the two together.


2 comments:

  1. I might play with the placement of the type a little bit. And are you allowed to change the typeface?

    I like the contrast of the one on the bottom right; the gray truck with orange lettering but the one on the bottom left looks like the truck is leaking oil with may have bad connotations to waste and pollution?

    The truck looks great though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the use of this typeface has to be handled in as simple a way as possible because you have a lot going on with the detailed truck (good job on those sketches!) and because it has the “rough edges” that you liked. Maybe this means just a simple line of text or only 2 size changes? I am not sure if the angled placement is the best unless it locks up really nicely. The angle of the truck makes conscious placement of the text difficult. You said you were going to add rock—this could help integrate your text into the design.

    I agree that the “oil spill” probably isn’t the best idea…what about trying something over the truck or even placing your text above it? If you did this, I think it might bring out your nice work on the truck more for the viewer (reading top to bottom).

    Your image is very nice and I think that just as much energy should be put into the placement of the text. Make it a big part of the design!

    Looking good Janna. What a fun job!

    ReplyDelete