My Blog List

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Advanced Typography





For my concept map, I really wanted to just focus on the activities and ways we could interact with the high school students. I tried to think of the four (interactions, settings, artifacts, and participants) ways this symposium will be focused around. However, I believe that I might have done it not the "correct" way. I should have included the high school students within the map, perhaps their age even, because that is relevant to what we will design for them. I also should have included the more of the actual artifacts that would be used, such as print (post cards, posters), I did include videos, but maybe a more in detail of the videos, animations, beginnings to movies.

Making the concept map was a challenge in the beginning. I made a couple different analog ones. I wanted to get down exactly what the content was before hand. (While looking through "Thinking with Type" they said as an easy tip is to get down your content most of the way, and let the "drop shadows, etc" be one of the last parts because strong designs, are based around strong content" While designing my concept map this was something I tried to think about. The content that would go in, and how making a grid structure might help the viewer to see the information. I also gave distinctions between point size and color to show how I wanted the viewer to see difference in hierarchy.

No comments:

Post a Comment