My Blog List

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Final Statement




The past three weeks I have been working on a book called Re/Wasted. The books concept is to be about the little simple ways that we waste. Combining both Visual Communication and Typography it was to find ways to show ways that society waste. I wanted to make my concept clear to the viewer to be able to see the word I was describing. Words that I used were excess(referring to over production of food), drain (describing water), tear( referring to paper), contaminate (going towards pollution, and industry), spill (oil spills/ transportation), melt (referring to plastic), squander ( energy), shatter (glass), and conserve( resources). I think the concept to my book is strong in the individual pages, but a little hard to read the concept as a whole. If I was to do things all over again I would try and make my concept be more clear.
Overall during this project I learned a lot about craft, composing ideas, and executing both. This was one of the first projects I have ever done that I took my time to try and build up my craft skills. In the end other than my blades getting dull and the page measurements of the right angles being slightly off I was very impressed with the new approach to doing this project. I was very happy with the correlation between typography and the visual communication. The composition's were simple but strong even on their own, and once the imagery was with it helped to only strengthen the composition. Once the typography was laid on it was the extra input that the book as a whole needed to be understood as the narrative. Showing the little ways that people waste (except for conserve, which was at the end to show that we as a soc=iety should conserve ) I though told a nice simple story, I would of like to of thought of a better link between each page. However, in the end I was pleased with how the book turned out

1 comment:

  1. Look at the recent post on the vis com blog about photo tips to improve image quality.

    ReplyDelete