My Blog List

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

F+S

I choose this image by Anton Shineft. I thought this image was very striking because it does use some of the principles we have learned in class. I believe this piece to use framing by the way the bubbles take the eye up the middle of the frame, and back down. This piece is also a good representation of positive and negative space. It uses the space very carefully to decide what is the positive space is,  by centering the sea creatures and bubbles. It also helps to balance the composition by the calm existence of the background. One of the major principles used would be layering. By layering all of the bubbles, type, and sea creatures it helps to build up a rich and intense structured piece. By the colors used and small details everywhere it is the layers that make this piece appealing to the eye. Overall this piece is interesting to me, because of all the principles that I can depict from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment