My Blog List

Sunday, November 8, 2009

Color




This week we discussed Munssel's color theory, and it was a lot harder than I imagined. Color is much more complex than I thought. I think one of the main reasons why is because it is truly a mind puzzle that for me is hard to organize. It seems like when I was putting my color aid together I would have all my colors picked out but one, then I would find one that would work and end up changing the rest. However to end a frustrated week with the color aid was the Warhol show. Going to this show he had plenty of color studies to go around. It really came to me then, why color studies can be so picky, because the end result is fascinating. My favorite of all his pieces was his "grapes". I liked these color studies based on true chroma of purples, blues, and greens. The way that the colors mixed together in a way that was easy for the eye to understand (not plain, or too saturated) made the prints successful, and a little because it was glittery.

No comments:

Post a Comment