My Blog List

Monday, November 9, 2009

Taxonomy

For my taxonomy I would like to another accordion 7x7' booklet. In this book I would collect my best marks and display them in a organized manor. I would first start with my denotative marks that I would usually use for the more lighter marks, as with my feathers, and twigs. I would want to start my book out with letting the viewer get used to the marks and base the beginning of the book on just visually looking at them. For the second half of my book I would like to make based on connotative. In these marks they will be more visually dense, but less abstracted than the denotative ones. I want this portion of the booklet to be involved in what the marks say to the viewer, I want a crisp understanding that these shapes are taking on deeper meanings such as loneliness, agony, and rhythm. I want the whole book to flow together in a harmonious way. It is important to me for the viewer to be able to understand the value of analog shapes and how they can hold importance to the visual world.

1 comment:

  1. You need to put more thought into the visual structure and organization of the book.

    The core concept you proposed here is splitting the content into two parts. What format and/or graphic decisions can best help to visualize this division? Brainstorm a list of possible ways you "visually or structurally" divide the content and post this to your blog to discuss with me in class.

    How are you going to note which connotations go with which marks? Are the marks divided by pages, labels, etc?

    You have only listed 3 connotations (need to list at least 10). Same goes for the denotations.

    ReplyDelete