My Blog List

Friday, April 29, 2011

Ferment

Here is the iterations for today. I still have a lot to work on. I re-drew the map and used those branches in my other spreads. Once blown up the branches do not look refined nor "branch" like. I also need to develop a key for the activities and sculptures. Through this tried to look at all the angles that the Nelson provided for us. This family day is meant to welcome Roxie Paine's new sculpture. My concept is centered around branching and the connections that the children can have with the sculptures. After the testing with the children, I got some great feedback on the size of my paper. I then reformatted my fold-out into a booklet. This way the scale is smaller for the parents but the attention to the five sculpture is precent.

My next task is to really pay attention to the typography. I want to develop a grid so that it is clear where the child identifies information. The color pallet also needs adjustments. This event is taking place in the summer, and my color's do not reflect that. I find myself reflecting back to the readings as well as our sub- cultures. I want to tailor my who design around a child.

Overall this project has given me such great insight to how a client might eject their idea. As designer's it us up to us to take that idea and imagine new ways of executing.









No comments:

Post a Comment