My Blog List

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Final Reflection

The Concept:
In project two we discussed bigger problems that are related to our sub-culture. They like to drink too much caffeine. From this, "Active Booter" was developed. I took what was discovered in the book, and used that language to determine the function for Active Boot. This site is an online source for them to enter in their caffeine intake and not only see the results but to give options for other ways of getting energy. Within my concept I had to remind myself of the environment that they are in, what their schedule is, and what language do they relate to. For example by using an ad on engaget.com, this is a site that they would usually be on and hopefully get their attention.
The main concept for the site was to be quick and easy to use. In the beginning I had problems with cramming too much information about caffeine. From what I have learned from this sub-culture is that they are very busy, and throwing too much information at them would most likely make them loose interest. To fix this problem I narrowed down the content to "caffeine+ body reaction= unhealthy". From critiques in class there were problems with how long it would take to get the results. To resolved this issue I replaced some of the drop downs with bullets that the user could just click.
The language that the female coder's use is very unique. By using words like decode, thread, and boot time, it helps to tailor towards this culture. Not only was verbal language used but the coding symbols were applied as well.
jjohnsrud_Final_pro2


No comments:

Post a Comment