My Blog List

Sunday, October 4, 2009

Project 2: Reading Response

The reading about planes, lines, space and volume was very interesting. It discusses the importance of line within planes. This reading went well into what we are studying now with the importance of line. While taking the urban photographs it is important to think about the plane and how some lines can be projected. Also we are studying the importance of space and volume. "Camera lenses replicate the effects of linear perspective, recording the position of the camera's eye." This quote I especially like from the reading because we are dealing with photography and how to angle and frame familiar compositions that we created in illustrator. When reading about Rhythm and the pattern changes in time it gave me a new perspective that I hadn't quite thought much about. This is something I hope to gain and think about more in the next steps of our line project.

No comments:

Post a Comment