My Blog List

Friday, April 30, 2010

Image 6 Degrees



I'm very sorry it has been too long since my last post

While working with Vi, we developed ideas on how to get the impact of global warming onto a poster and dvd cover (no easy task). We decided on a theme of highlighting the beautiful parts of the world that are being effected by global warming. It was a challenge to think how to show so many different sides of our earth heating up. There is black smoke that flows through but we are still in the developing stages, we did analog prints, but when put on the dvd and poster it looked quite awkward.
One of the main points that I have learned about this whole process is trial and error. Not knowing much about photoshop, it has been quite the challenge to try and create something that looks seamless. However, it is fun to investigate all the ways that you can manipulate photography. This is something that I really haven't ever experimented with. Using many layers, copying, and layering even more I think that it is coming together. However there is still some problematic images in the poster like the black rocks, but right now the black rocks are covering up the cropped images behind. So, trial and error, I find myself thinking how lighting works, color adjustment, and how to create a seamless composition. Once typography is added the poster will get the other huge half that it is missing. Yes it can be a beautiful image, but how can typography interact that gives the poster conceptual meaning. I want the typography to be very strong so it can not be hidden behind saturated photos, but so that if this were out in the public people could be drawn to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment