My Blog List

Friday, April 23, 2010

Vis Com Update

For the next step into the exhibition making there are two conceptive ways that I will be approaching this project.

When we first started to do the exercises on relay and anchoring I went back to the initial lists of different connotations that our icons can represent. This was really helpful when it came to understanding and deciding to explore multiple routs to produce. For example, my narrative is based around bug hunting but in my list I had written down the house and shell connection of my snail. Out of pure curiosity I looked up what the phobia was to open spaces or not wanting to leave ones house and found the phobia. Turns out that was one of my strongest relays, so I decided to peer sue more mental phobias.

I want the connection between the phobia and the deeper connection of my icons to relate.

1.) Obesophobia: (icon; mag glass) the fear of gaining weight
2.) Cenophobia: (icon; caterpillar) the fear of new changes
3.) Claustrophobia:(icon; jar) fear of being in confided in a small space
4.) Agoraphobia: (icon; snail) fear of leaving a secure space
5.) Nosemaphobia: (icon; net) fear of becoming ill or contracting a disease

The next approach is to go back to the info graphics that we made. my step by step into catching bugs were not finalized, so my plan is to revisit and revise the good qualities and improve them into a more deep concept that can be used in a childrens museum

No comments:

Post a Comment