My Blog List

Friday, April 9, 2010

Vis. Com 2; Icon Graph Reflection

Timeline: Leaf
This never went digital but I did learn about how to show stages through color and scale. The different colors shows the changes that leaves can go through. In some of examples I explored the sun being in different scale to show impact that the sun has on the leaf. Even though this was not in my final spread it helped to look at all the symbols that my other icon's can stand for. Like using the caterpillar to grow 5 times it's size. Within this graph all the icons but one were used. I went back to all the basics of connotations and denotations. By using a jar to show the gathering of leaves I was using denotative. Using the magnifying glass I used the connotation of literally taking a deeper look into the leaf, and being knowledgeable.


Mapping: Snail
Within working on the snail's facts I developed a map to show the populations of snails and also a nutritional chart. My approach was to emphasize the different types of snails and how they are similar and different. This helped my type spreads because thats what my narrative was about, all the unknown snail facts that people aren't aware of. I wanted to keep in mind the ways to show emphasis within the chart. I tried to use color, and overlay of text to show the graph as the most important element.


1 comment:

  1. You could still incorporate the caterpillar size chart (grow 5 times) into your spreads. Reference how Karen inserted the small pie charts into her spreads.

    ReplyDelete