My Blog List

Monday, October 25, 2010

Narrative Proposal

For my last piece, I want to show exactly how the Montessori system connects with the child. My attempt is a "introduction" of what the school system is. So if a parent was to come and interview the school, they could show them this video and the parents could understand what it is. I want all the research I have done to come through in an effectively communicative way. Through some of the find and shares we have seen how info graphics can be animated. This is an approach I want to go on. I want to come up with a good "speech" or "outline" of what I want to say in the video and then animated around it. Within the Montessori system I feel like there is a lot of information that I haven't been able to cover yet, and this is the perfect opportunity to do so. This will be a different approach than what I'm used to because usually I have the content and make that into the visual aspect and on top put audio. This will test all the challenges I have had with this semester as far as timing, focusing on the right content, and transitions.


So far I know exactly how I want to start off and that is discussing the three different learning styles, Visual, Auditory, and Tactile. Then I want to go in to each on of these styles and show how montessori incorporates these styles into their curriculum. By showing how they are incorporated I will show the different categories Montessori offers and how the child then approaches the subject. All together I want to communicate that it is learning that is independent, there for gains confidence in the class room. The second point is natural learn by experience, using senses we have like audio and visual what does that intake on how we learn? Montessori makes their children exercise these senses in their teaching techniques.

I want this to be clear to the viewer on how Montessori works and how their teaching styles is the best for children. Basically selling the school system. The targeted audience is to parents who's child has difficultly learning in a "class room" environment, is prone to day dream, gets frustrated with school. My approach will be to offer the parent a new method of learning for their child that makes it less stressful on the child as well as the parent.

No comments:

Post a Comment