My Blog List

Monday, October 25, 2010

Narrative Update

Over due post

Since my last post I have been working a lot of the two ending products to our narrative class.
For my 5 sec ending phrase I brain stormed how I can make my logo animated. Since it is a hand print, mixing the aspect of being creative and independent might be nice to show just a hand print being made. I thought if I video recorded the hand coming into the frame it would be a nice 5 sec animation, Here is my story board
For the text Tyler and I discussed that it should seem educational and scholarly. It was also hard to see the Montessori from far away so I changed it to one big M in the palm of the hand and "Montessori" existing at the bottom. There for the viewer can see it from far away.

The color of the Logo was a little disappointing. One of the aspects I wanted to grasp the texture of the paint, and include more colors...so it does not look like blood. One of the biggest points I want the viewer to understand looking at the logo is to read automatically children (since montessori follows the individual child) as well as education. There for if a child and a parent were to be looking at the logo they could both have a "side" to connect with.

So far for animating this paint splatter I have done two different approaches to execute the same idea. The First was to take actual footage of a hand coming into the frame and splattering. This idea was actually harder to do than my second idea, which was using flash, because the media center (by accident) forgot to give me the right fire wire cord. However, I did learn a little bit about filming and how to use a camera. The lighting was much more difficult to get down, I watched tutorials on vimeo on how to color correct but, I am still in the editing process and it just does not look right.
However, one vimeo tutorial on how to color correct in after effects was video and this was very helpful.

The second approach was to just take splatters that bethany did on the white background after I filmed her and use those prints from light/ small to darker/ bigger to show a hand coming forth. One of the reasons I like this idea better is that the texture of the paint is grasped. It seems like the pigments of the prints are just better.

One last idea I had was to actually video record a child coming into the frame and on an isle she/her makes a hand print and then leaves the frame and the camera zooms in on the print that morphs into the logo. I think that there is a lot of potential with the direction and it could be done, there for I can show different ways of executing one idea.




No comments:

Post a Comment