My Blog List

Friday, March 11, 2011

Dainty Hankie Update

My overall approach is to create a site that projects a collection of delicate handkercheifs with a modern crisp twist.

Home page, but needs to have the whole collection present.


Another exploration of the home page. This could work if I work on the navigation and bring the top layer of hankies down.


Sorting page; the fabric's need to have more interaction with the hankies.



Banner's


Macro view


I have narrowed my rendering style down to illustration, and possibly photograph of the hankie in an environment. I made the illustrations by scanning the hankie and then tracing over. For my process I narrowed down three major outcomes that I need to focus on to make this a great piece

1. Navigation,(/banner) since the navigation is present through out the whole site, I am starting to understand that it is probably the most important component because it carries all of the information within it, and also sets the tone for the website.

2. Info-graphs/ rendering; since my collection is illustration's, most of my info-graphs will be illustration's as well. I want to carry this rendering style within the site for cohesion, but also for an enjoyable experience for handkerchief lovers. The content within the info-graphs is important too, not to be too complex, but create a whimsical experience for the audience.

3. Layout; this indicates a set of stylistic choices that have been made though out all of the pages. For me, this is an important process because it shows typography rules, grid structure, and image choices. The layout is what makes the rest of the site function with designed principles. Strict choices such as color pallet, roll overs, and the "outline" we flushed out in the wire frames.

To complete the illustration part of this project, I think that these are my three navigations to focus on.

No comments:

Post a Comment