My Blog List

Friday, September 17, 2010

Book Finalized








Here is my finalized book. The approach I wanted to use was to use the spread's as composition. Using the text to follow from the left page onto the right. I also want to visually emphasis natural pauses that the reader might interpret the text. I visually wanted my method to convey a sense of elegance on a personal level. By doing this I decided to use Garamond through out the whole book to make it seem almost "hand-written" quality that a serif typeface can sometimes hint at. I also looked into how the negative and positive space is directly related to the hierarchy of the spreads. I made the title out to be a horizon line, and from that built a grid based on the horizon line. Within the grid the point was to surround some lines of text of white space while pairing up others that might have similar words, or phrases.

Through this project I learned about how to convey language into a visual form. How one interprets language can be portrayed into typography, based on the arrangement, typeface, leading, contrast, negative space, etc. I also learned how to make a perfect bind, which was a difficult task for me but in the end I was pleased with the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment