My Blog List

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

NA Project 3; Detailed Narative

what did I learn by the project objectives? (apply the communicative channel, apply knowledge of narrative across linear and non linear forms, change structure of the story, tone of voice )
-One of the most challenging parts of this assignment was decided what one communication channel I should use. Within my last few assignments I have discussed the history, methods, and ways in which the Montessori is functional to a child. For this assignment I wanted to take a look into the child's point of view to see what their opinion is of the Montessori school is. I thought for the communication channel audio would be the best. It is the child's tone that also had a reflection onto how the school operates. One of the pros of going to a Montessori school is that they build up a child's self a steam, so they are not afraid of learning. Within my interview I found that the two children's vocabulary was broad and they seemed comfortable talking about their school. This is an interesting way to analysis the communication channel of audio, because beyond what is said, depending on the tone of the audio, or in this case the vocabulary can imply further positive aspects to the narrative.

2 comments:

  1. I think using audio as your channel was a good route for you to use to express your message. Speaking to children who actually attend Montessori school gives me as the listener a chance to experience a story from their point of view. If you would have laid out this dialogue in only text, it would have been lacking the element of youth. Because this is an interview, there is an element of candidness such as pauses between answers, giggles etc. These moments bring me closer to a personal interaction with these students more than a narrative using only imagery or text could convey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were able to get a vast amount of insight by using an audio channel. The children did indeed seem confident in their learning, and in their communication skills. Not only was the narrative interesting to listen to, but the listener gets important information about the topic. I believe You were successful at getting the child's point of view.

    ReplyDelete