My Blog List

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Image making: Final Virtue










When brainstorming about the virtues I knew I wanted to accomplish a tone of comedy. I initially wanted to use people but then decided against it. I thought of the animals because I tend to make funny voices to go along with animals and thought it would be fun. The most challenging part was to really understand the virtues. Their was many times when I had to look up the definition and what the opposite was. I found that researching the sin really did help to strengthen my virtue. Finding the correct animals were difficult as well. Because they are toy miniatures they already have their own gestural poses, and finding animals that have ties to the virtue was difficult. In the end some of my animals were not a direct link to the virtue, but by the way I would arrange them and include index's they would then resemble the virtue. From a week ago I really looked to indexical signs that really made a difference in the images. At first I was depending too much on the text to really speak through, but in the end it became icing on the cake. One of the last minute decisions was to take the photos outside, and I am so glad I did. People most commented on the that it was good to put them outside.


No comments:

Post a Comment