My Blog List

Friday, March 12, 2010

wEather Typography reflection






Using expressive typography was very fun. I enjoyed actually using my hands to make the images. I learned a lot about scale change and how it can develop the sense of depth, mass, and value which I used in all of my designs. I still need to work on the bus's dusk because it is hard to read. I also need to make the logo more visible, and perhaps play with color? In my spreads I had to learn the balance of making imagery and hierarchy with the typography. Not only was the images made from different cut up typefaces but then we overlapped the images with logos and tag-lines. For me it was important to pay attention to the positive and negative space and the relationship that can have in the spread. Also, how the expressive typography can identify the weather condition while being cohesive with the other spreads. In the end I was happy with my spreads, although I wish they had a bit of color or something extra. I really liked bringing the expressive type into motion. I wanted the animation to be believable to the weather condition, and to have interlaced translations between each condition. I still need to work on the animation, but it has a clear concept.


Untitled from Janna Johnsrud on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment