My Blog List

Friday, March 12, 2010

Vis. Com 2, Final Color Reflection










During the process of finalizing my colored icons I had to think of what connotations my color swatches had and how they would relate to my icon set. I wanted to have colors that were something you would find outside, and also keep in mind something youthful. Since my story has to deal with a child going bug hunting, it was important to really analysis the connotation because it helps the icons become a stronger set. Through this process I learned a lot about color. How the different hues, value change, and saturation can really impact the meaning and depth behind the icon. When we view successful icons, we are able to understand the icon and its stylistic quality. This is also impacted by color, and how the color can only heighten the meaning behind it. By giving color it also makes the icons more interesting to view. I still need to go back and revise the color. One thing I noticed when adding color to my icons was that it was harder to scale them down. The impact of a hue and not depending on black and white made it harder to scale down. I came up with many different swatches and I should stretch all the possibilities that I have with them (and also keeping in mind all the ways that make a successful icon set).


No comments:

Post a Comment