My Blog List

Friday, February 11, 2011

Digital Round with Design

1.

2.






3.

4.


After last crit, I had a lot of feedback on how that the structure is not cohesive, confusing, and the information needs to be current with the season of the sport. I went back to square one and did some analog wire frames, and wrote out whats the most important, what interactive content to I need to add. I used espn as a reference, because I am not the most "sporty" person. However, that is no excuse, because what we have been practicing for weeks is the importance of researching your audience. For example espn really values of getting their user's opinion in, so I decided to take that and try and put more "blogs" in the sports section. Something else I thought was interesting was once you clicked on an actual sport-then- team- the site had teams divided into where they are located within the nation. I need to still picture the user looking for their team or sport. Here are some of the valuable "mindset" (if that is the right word) that I have absorbed through this whole project.
1.) develop a good navigation, hierarchy is very important
2.) organizing the information, keeping in mind that it's a local source of news
3.) designing for the internet is a balance between motion and focusing on something written
4.) color choices, I tend to get a little overboard and as Kelsey put today "the colors look like an instructional video from the 80s" and then later Marty saying "too blue, looks a bit 1990s" which I really appreciated. So the lesson is to stick to a limited color pallet.

1 comment:

  1. JANNA - You are making some good observations about your critiques and the process. I would recommend emailing me (or posting to your blog) an updated screen design to get feedback before moving forward with your other screens in the scenarios.

    Marty

    ReplyDelete