My Blog List

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Reading: c/id: visual identity and branding for the arts

During this reading I saw different qualities within each Museum Exhibition that were interesting. One point to make about branding is that is uses all graphic functions, web, print, and environmental. How can the designer get across one identity.

The Mori Art Museum was beautiful. One aspect that I enjoyed is that in the title, they took the form of the architecture and repeated it. Within the principles of design we have learned color coding, hierarchy, spacing, and text verses image. I thought it was interesting, how the designers would create a brand for the Museums Exhibition, and take those elements and repeat it. This is my personal opinion, and it could be wrong, but I believe that creating a brand does not mean you have to repeat the aesthetic form over and over. Within those principles the brand can "flex" into something else and still keep its own identity. Usually one or two of the forms, and the rest remains the same. I think also it makes the audience question or stop to look. The Mori Art Museum had my eye going around all the different objects and how even though there was variation, it was a consistent level of change

No comments:

Post a Comment