My Blog List

Friday, February 25, 2011

A-type-ical Update











These are some examples of blending the imagery I made with the letterforms and type. This week it was interesting to think about the collaboration of creating an identity. I have enjoyed this process because we were allowed to make our experiments and then discuss those ideas with the class. Process is a crucial part of creating design, but the collaboration process is something that is new, but I am enjoying it. Up to now, we have worked in groups for some projects but as one collaborative team, I think will be a interesting way to create our Atypeical "brand". One part of the past few week that I have learned would be narrowing down ideas and really analyzing the small details that goes with creating an identity.

The section I have been assigned to would be imagery and getting in contact with the high schools. I've had these letters made since last wednesday. However, the way that they are displayed is different. At first "Atypeical" was spelled out but became confusing with the logo. The class decided that the most successful way to execute the imagery was to focus, and crop in on the letters. With this, the letter needed to be reference. These are the details that I am trying to absorb, to critically look at my work and decide what is working and what is not.


No comments:

Post a Comment